Maximizing Visibility with U.S. Investors
Companies use OTCQX to expand their access to investors, engage them with quality disclosure, and provide market transparency to stimulate liquidity.
Investors are attracted to companies that have met clear quantitative standards and provide quality disclosure. OTCQX offers global exchange listed companies an entry to the U.S. public markets, without the duplicative regulatory costs required of listing on a traditional U.S. exchange. The quality-controlled admission process for OTCQX companies signals to investors companies focused on valuation and transparency.
Who Should Join OTCQX?
Reserved for global companies listed on a qualified stock exchange in their home country, OTCQX International provides a U.S. marketplace for a company’s investors and a platform to efficiently expand their U.S. shareholder base. OTCQX companies are required to have a Level 1 Sponsored ADR program in the U.S. or a foreign ordinary that is DTC eligible (such as Canadian companies). This requirement ensures that only those companies which have already complied with a qualified foreign stock exchange's reporting are eligible.
All OTCQX International companies appoint a qualified, third-party Principal American Liaison (PAL) sponsor to guide the admission process, to post disclosure in English and to be a resource regarding all aspects of investor relations and U.S. market protocols. These advisors, in turn, signify that OTCQX companies are providing quality disclosure and have trusted management teams.
Why Investors Prefer OTCQX
OTCQX separates out the credible companies from companies that are economically distressed or questionable in the OTC space. Companies that join OTCQX demonstrate their commitment to providing superior information to investors and maintaining the highest financial standards.
Investors can access market data and trade OTCQX securities through any broker of their choice, including E*TRADE, Fidelity, Schwab, Scottrade, and TD Ameritrade. Trades are executed, settled and cleared in the U.S. in a manner similar to that for a stock on NASDAQ or NYSE, and trade reports are disseminated through Yahoo!, Bloomberg, Reuters, and most other financial data providers.
In addition, all investors can view a full Real-Time Level 2 Quote Montage for all OTCQX companies on www.otcqx.com, allowing them the opportunity to see the full market-depth of their stock.
Services to Issuers
OTCQX provides services to companies which enable them to communicate with and engage their investors, while providing transparent trading and easy access to company information. Streamlined disclosure requirements allow OTCQX International companies to make their home country financial reporting publicly available on OTC Markets Group's websites for easy access by U.S. investors. OTCQX International is the only highly visible electronic trading venue in the U.S. that accepts home country disclosure for global exchange listed companies.
- OTC Disclosure & News Service: Distribute your company’s news, research, and financial reports so investors can analyze your company. Company information is published on the OTC Markets Group’s websites; fundamental data is distributed by Edgar Online to financial sites and portals such as Yahoo! Finance; companies can disseminate company news and information through the OTC Disclosure & News Service on OTCIQ.com, as well as through PR Newswire’s expansive network, which includes local, national and Reg. FD compliant news portals
- Real-Time Level 2 Quote Display Service: Sponsor Level 2 Quotes for your stock so investors can have free access to the same market data professional traders have. Broker-Dealer identifiers, bid and ask prices, and time & sales data delivered to investors on www.otcmarkets.com and on your corporate IR site – all in real-time
- Blue Sky Monitoring Service: Receive an initial audit and ongoing monitoring of your company’s compliance with state blue sky laws so brokers and financial advisors can provide investors with professional advice about your company’s stock
- OTCQX Market Center at OTC Markets Group’s headquarters in New York City: Available as an exclusive benefit for OTCQX companies to conduct investor meetings and conferences. Event planning services available
- Established, superior electronic quotation and trading platform with connectivity to all major U.S. broker-dealers, easily accessible for both institutional and retail investors
- Market Services Specialists: Available to answer your calls and assist you with any questions you may have on your security's trading performance and broker-dealer information